MariaDB has a strong and vibrant community contributing in all sorts of areas. There are many valuable ways you can contribute to MariaDB.
Engage online with other community members
- maria-developers mailing list
- maria-discuss mailing list
- maria-docs mailing list
- #maria IRC channel on freenode (see the IRC page on the Knowledge Base for help with IRC).
- MariaDB has a presence on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus. See the social media page.
Help document MariaDB
- Contribute towards documenting MariaDB and its ecosystem by adding new content or improving existing content.
- Translate existing documentation.
Help debug and develop MariaDB
- Report bugs
- Test development versions
- Triage and debug bugs
- Write code to fix bugs or develop new features (see Getting Started for Developers)
- Help with code quality control and automated testing
- Participate in packaging for different Linux distributions
Sponsor or Donate
You’re very welcome to support MariaDB as an individual, or talk your company into joining the Foundation as a sponsoring member or governing member. See the Sponsor page.