One of the purposes of the new model is to get features into the hands of users more quickly, in a form which supports stability by allowing the new feature to be more easily tested, separate from other new features being developed at the same time.
There are four separate preview releases, containing the following features under consideration for release in 10.10.1:Replication
- Change defaults for CHANGE MASTER TO so that GTID-based replication is used by default if master supports it (MDEV-19801)
- Deprecate MASTER_USE_GTID=Current_Pos to favor new MASTER_DEMOTE_TO_SLAVE option (MDEV-20122)
- Improve optimization of joins with many tables, including eq_ref tables (MDEV-28852)
- * Table elimination does not work across derived tables (MDEV-26278)
- Add UCA-14.0.0 collations (MDEV-27009)
- Improve contraction performance in UCA collations (MDEV-27265)
- Improve UCA collation performance for utf8mb3 and utf8mb4 (MDEV-27266)
- Implement a method to add IPs to allowlist for Galera Cluster node addresses that can make SST/IST requests (MDEV-27246)
- Change default of explicit_defaults_for_timestamp to ON (MDEV-28632)
- –ssl option set as default for mariadb CLI (MDEV-27105)
- Add RANDOM_BYTES function (MDEV-25704)
- The INET4 data type (MDEV-23287)
- Re-design the upper level of handling UPDATE and DELETE statements (MDEV-28883)
- Deprecate the DES_ENCRYPT/DECRYPT functions (MDEV-27104)
On the download page for 10.10.0, you will see sources in Linux (x86-64 bintar) and source formats only.
The features that pass testing will then be merged into MariaDB Server 10.10.1.
We look forward to receiving your comments!
- Download MariaDB 10.10.0: https://mariadb.org/download/?tab=mariadb&release=10.10.0&product=mariadb
- Release notes: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-10100-release-notes/