MariaDB Foundation Board Changes
At the most recent MariaDB Foundation board meeting, MariaDB Corporation’s Rasmus Johansson stepped down as chair and from the board. He has been replaced by Booking.com’s Eric Herman as chair, and on the board by Michael Howard. Michael is the CEO of the MariaDB Corporation. Executive participation from the Corporation will support a good relationship between the Foundation and the Corporation, and the Foundation greatly appreciates all the work that the MariaDB Corporation is doing for the MariaDB server project.
The full composition of the board is:
- Chair Eric Herman, Principal Developer at Booking.com
- Michael “Monty” Widenius, MariaDB Foundation founder and CTO of MariaDB Corporation
- Sergei Golubchik, Chief Architect at MariaDB Corporation, representing MariaDB developers
- Espen Håkonsen, CIO of Visma and Managing Director of Visma IT & Communications
- Michael Howard, CEO at MariaDB Corporation
MariaDB Foundation CEO Otto Kekäläinen serves as the secretary of the board.
The MariaDB Foundation will soon announce two new corporate board members and is searching for a board member to represent the MariaDB users. When this has been completed, we should have a balanced board that helps us represent most of the MariaDB community in board decisions.
Details about the Foundation’s principles and operation is available on the Governance page.