Dear MariaDB users,
MariaDB 5.2, a branch of the MySQL database which includes all major open source storage engines, myriad bug fixes and many community patches, has been released. It has all changes up to MySQL 5.1.51.
MariaDB 5.2 includes a number of user enhancements including:
- Improved user statistics which help understand server activity better and identify the source of the load
- VIRTUAL and PERSISTENT virtual columns
- Group commit in the Aria storage engine (the engine formerly known as the Maria engine)
- Pluggable authentication
- Segmented key cache for MyISAM to improve performance
- Two new storage engines: OQGRAPH and an interface to the full-text search engine Sphinx by way of SphinxSE.