Following closely on the heels of the MariaDB 5.3.4-rc release a couple of weeks ago, the MariaDB project is pleased to announce the immediate availability of MariaDB 5.3.5!
MariaDB 5.3.5 is the first stable (GA) release in the 5.3 series. Details and downloads are available from the following links:
(Debian and Ubuntu packages are available from our mirrored apt repositories. A sources.list generator is available.)
The MariaDB 5.3 series introduces many new features, includes MariaDB
5.2, and is based on MariaDB 5.1 & MySQL 5.1. Some highlights of new
features in MariaDB 5.3 include:
- subquery optimizations that finally make subqueries usable
- many optimizer changes, including Classic Hash Join, Batched Key Access, a new implementation of Multi-Range-Read optimizations as well as Index Condition Pushdown
- NoSQL-style interfaces via the HandlerSocket plugin as well as dynamic columns
- group commit in XtraDB when the binary log is enabled
- Microsoft Windows performance improvements
These are just some of the highlights, and for a more complete list of changes, please see the What is MariaDB 5.3 page.