One of the purposes of the new model is to get features into the hands of users more quickly, in a form which supports stability by allowing the new feature to be more easily tested, separate from other new features being developed at the same time.
The features available in the preview releases, and therefore under consideration for release in 10.8.1, are:
- MDEV-4989 mysqlbinlog GTID support
- MDEV-10654 Stored Procedures INOUT Parameters
- MDEV-11675 Lag free ALTER TABLE in replication
- MDEV-13756 Descending indexes
- MDEV-14425 InnoDB redo log improvements
- MDEV-17554 Auto create partition
- MDEV-26519 JSON Histograms
- MDEV-26713 Windows – Improved i18n support
- MDEV-27106 Spider Storage Engine Improvements
- MDEV-27265 Misc. features
There will be individual blog posts, like last time, about many of these features in the coming weeks, but in the meantime you can read more in the Release notes.
On the download page for 10.8.0, you will see sources in Linux (x86-64 bintar) and source formats only, with the exception of the Windows-specific Improved i18n support.
The features that pass testing will then be merged into MariaDB Server 10.8.1.
We look forward to receiving your comments!
- Download MariaDB 10.8.0: https://mariadb.org/download/?tab=mariadb&release=10.8.0&product=mariadb
- Release notes: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb-1080-release-notes/