Bug reporting stays open! JIRA is open to anyone. The bug reports are publicly available, even without logging in and as a bonus it will be easier to follow what is going on in the project since you don’t have to jump between several tools to get the complete picture.
All bugs that existed in Launchpad have been migrated to JIRA. To find a bug that was originally reported on Launchpad use the following approaches:
- If you happen to have the original bug id you can search for the bug by typing lp:bugid into the search field in the upper right corner of JIRA. Also, if you have the link to the bug report on Launchpad, you’ll be able to open that bug report and get hold of the id (which by the way also can be seen in the URL).
- You can also search on keywords, e.g. “ALTER TABLE” or “microsecond”
- In addition JIRA includes a nice search functionality with which more advanced searches can be done like searching for issues reported by a specific user. This search is found in the top navigation under “Issues” and is called “Search for issues”.
Getting the bugs into the project tracking tool of MariaDB can be seen as an enabler of the personal task I set for myself in my MariaDB Directions blog post last week, on creating a longer-term roadmap for MariaDB. Now with the development tasks, bug reports and planning inside the same tool, anyone can see what is going into which version of MariaDB.
Please make yourself familiar with MariaDB development by checking out JIRA and do participate in the development by:
- Creating new issues in JIRA for features you would like to see in upcoming versions of MariaDB
- Reporting possible bugs in MariaDB, “Create Issue” in JIRA
- Commenting and adding more information to existing issues in JIRA
You’ll have to create an account for yourself to do that, which is very straight forward. Just click on the Sign Up –link in conjunction with the Login and follow the instructions.
If you did report MariaDB bugs on Launchpad before you’re also seen as the reporter of the bug in JIRA and an account has automatically been created for you in JIRA. However this account doesn’t hold your email address, since it was not (easily at least) possible to export that from Launchpad (probably because of privacy reasons). We are glad to activate your automatically created account in JIRA. Todo so please send us your name and email address through the Monty Program contact form.