News from the third MariaDB Foundation Board Meeting this year
The MariaDB Foundation Board has been meeting monthly since February and on Monday this week had the third meeting of the year. Here is an update on a couple of things from the meeting.
We’re happy to announce that Booking.com has renewed their support to the foundation. As a major corporate sponsor Booking.com has been offered a seat on the Foundation board. Booking.com nominated Eric Herman. Eric has a history with MySQL dating from 2004 where he joined MySQL working on the server and tools. In 2010, Eric joined Booking.com where he works on database scaling challenges and BigData. As a community member, he has contributed to the perl MySQL client driver, the perl interpreter, and other Free Software. To represent community and industry interests in line with the Foundation mission, Eric Herman has joined the Board.
The current Members of the Board ordered by last name are:
- Sergei Golubchik, Chief Architect, MariaDB Corporation
- Eric Herman, Principal Developer, Booking.com
- Espen Håkonsen, CIO of Visma and Managing Director of Visma IT & Communications
- Rasmus Johansson (Chair), VP Engineering, MariaDB Corporation
- Michael Widenius, CTO, MariaDB Foundation
- Jeremy Zawodny, Software Engineer, Craigslist
Last but not least secretary of the Board is the Foundation’s CEO Otto Kekäläinen.
The list of corporate sponsors so far this year are:
- Booking.com, www.booking.com
- Visma, www.visma.com
- Webyog, www.webyog.com
- Auttomatic, automattic.com
- Verkkokauppa, www.verkkokauppa.com
- Odin (formerly Parallels Hosting and Cloud Service Provider Solutions), www.odin.com
In case your company is interested to support the MariaDB project through the MariaDB Foundation please contact ”foundation ‘at’ mariadb (dot) org”.
It might be of interest that the mariadb.org website is getting a facelift to both look more appealing but also include more relevant information about the project and the Foundation. More about that later.