First, congratulations Oracle on the GA of MySQL 5.6! Well done!
In this post I walkthrough the features of the first two alpha versions of MariaDB 10.0. The first, 10.0.0-alpha, which was made available in November, and 10.0.1-alpha that saw daylight yesterday. I will go through the features by placing them in the following categories:
- MariaDB 10.0-only Features (features that aren’t in MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 10.0 Merged Features (features merged from MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 10.0 Reimplemented Features (features reimplemented from features in MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 5.x Features now in MySQL 5.6 (features introduced in earlier MariaDB versions which have now been introduced in MySQL 5.6)
- MariaDB 5.x Features Backported from MySQL 5.6 (features introduced in earlier MariaDB versions which were backports of features from MySQL 5.6 development versions)
Some of the features will have links to the MySQL manual for the documentation Oracle has made available on the feature. …