A screencast demonstrating the MariaDB Windows installer.
(I recommend watching it in full screen 720p, so you can see the details.)
- The MariaDB homepage
- The AskMonty Knowledgebase
- The MariaDB Downloads page
- Installing MariaDB on Windows documentation
- The HeidiSQL homepage
A big thanks to Vladislav Vaintroub, MariaDB’s Windows guru, and to Rasmus Johansson for help with the screencast. …
Instead of the usual text-heavy blog posts that appear here, I thought it would be fun to mix things up and do a screencast showing exactly how easy it is to upgrade MySQL to MariaDB:
- The laptop I’m using had MySQL 5.1.55 installed with one database (apart from the system database). Installing MariaDB does not impact existing data in any way and once the install completed I had instant access to my data.
- As part of the install you are given the option to set a new password for the root user.