A screencast demonstrating the MariaDB Windows installer.
(I recommend watching it in full screen 720p, so you can see the details.)
- The MariaDB homepage
- The AskMonty Knowledgebase
- The MariaDB Downloads page
- Installing MariaDB on Windows documentation
- The HeidiSQL homepage
A big thanks to Vladislav Vaintroub, MariaDB’s Windows guru, and to Rasmus Johansson for help with the screencast. …
We have lately been talking about some upcoming features that we feel are important to MariaDB users, because the corresponding ones that will be provided with MySQL will be incompatible with MariaDB and closed source.
We’re happy to announce the following:
- The next version of MariaDB, version 5.2.10 will include an open source PAM Authentication Plugin. MariaDB 5.2.10 is scheduled for release next week.
- A Windows Authentication Plugin is in development and QA currently and will be part of MariaDB 5.2.11, which is scheduled for release before Christmas.
- MariaDB 5.5 will include both of the above plugins and an open source thread pool implementation.