(The original English version of this post is available here).
此次会议将由微软上海分公司友情承办。请有意向与会者，点击此链接报名参加event page at Meetup.com. 我们建议您选择会议地址附近的酒店入住。所有会议均免费参加。
若您需要申请办理签证所需邀请函，请浏览此处see the visa applications page for China from Shenzhen.
若您对此次会议或者如何致力于MariaDB有任何疑问，请随时于此处发起您的讨论MariaDBdevelopers mailing list以及MariaDB discuss mailing list.
(A Chinese version of this post is available here).
The MariaDB Foundation is pleased to announce the 2019 MariaDB Developers Unconference in Shanghai. This will be our second Unconference in China, after the 2017 Developers Unconference in Shenzhen, and will take place from Tuesday 19 November to Thursday 21 November 2019.
Microsoft Shanghai are kindly hosting the event. If you want to attend, please sign up on the event page at Meetup.com. We recommend you stay in a hotel near the venue.
All events are free of charge to attend.
The event will be the traditional unconference, with lots of opportunities for discussions and collaboration around any topic. Read more
February in New York City is again MariaDB time, and the first MariaDB Developers Unconference of 2019 will take place on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 February, with Hudson River Trading as kind hosts.
The event is free to attend and you can join for the entire weekend, or as little time as you wish. However, it is essential to sign up in advance on the event page at Meetup.com.
The second MariaDB Developers Unconference of 2018 was held in Tampere, Finland on 26-29 June. The event was kindly hosted by Seravo and the Crazy Town venue offered us great facilities for collaborative work and discussions. Thanks to all 27 attendees who arrived!
Present were many core developers and new contributors interested in MariaDB development from all around the world. We had attendees all the way from Japan and India and also many from Finland and other European countries.
The first day – June 26th – was dedicated to new contributors and the topic of getting involved in MariaDB development. Read more
This announcement is also available in Finnish. Katso myös suomenkielinen ilmoitus tapahtumasta!
We are happy to announce that the 2nd and final MariaDB Developers Unconference of 2018 will take place in Tampere, Finland during the last week of June:
- 26 June – New Contributor Day
- 27–28 June –Developers Unconference
- 29 June – Patch review day
The event will take place in Tampere, Finland. Read more
The first MariaDB Developers Unconference of 2018 will be our second meetup in New York City, and will be taking place on Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 February.
The event is free to attend and you can join for the whole time, or as little time as you wish.
The schedule of this unconference is being drafted in a public spreadsheet. Please add suggestions for sessions you would like to present or lead on this spreadsheet.
Last week saw an excellent Developers Unconference, with many of the top MariaDB developers from Asia and the rest of the world attending.
Working remotely has many advantages, but there’s a certain magic to working through a difficult problem in the same room.
We were made most welcome by our hosts, Shannon Systems. The location in Shenzhen, our first Developers Unconference in Asia, gave an opportunity for a number of Chinese developers in particular to attend a MariaDB Developers event for the first time. Both Alibaba and Tencent are platinum sponsors of the MariaDB Foundation, and have contributed a number of key patches based on their experience of running some of the most heavily-used systems around, and this was the first time to meet some of their developers in person. Read more
The following sessions were held on the two presentation days of the MariaDB Developers Unconference in Shenzhen.
- MariaDB in 2017 (Otto Kekäläinen)
- What’s in the pipeline for 10.3 and beyond (Monty) – Slides
- AliSQL Roadmap (Xiao Bin)
- JSON support in MariaDB (Vicențiu Ciorbaru) – Slides
- Replication (Lixun Peng) – Slides
- Encryption key management (Ben)
- InnoDB in MariaDB 10.2, 10.3 and beyond (Marko Mäkelä) – Slides
- Column Compression – Overview, and how it differs from other implementations (Sergey Vojtovich) – Slides
- MTR Demonstration (Daniel Black)
- Optimizer improvements in MariaDB 10.2 and 10.3 (Vicențiu Ciorbaru & Sergei Petrunia) – Slides 1, Slides 2
- Features of TMySQL/TSpider port into MariaDB (Felix Liang) – Slides
- Spider (Kentoku Shiba) – Slides
- MyRocks (Yoshinori Matsunobu) – Slides
- MyRocks in MariaDB (Sergei Petrunia) – Slides
- Instant ADD COLUMN (Marko Mäkelä) – Slides
- TXSQL Encryption & Audit Introduction （Shaohua Wang） – Slides
- Introducing PolarDB (Lixun Peng)
- Challenges in hosting MySQL (Jun Su) – Slides
- Atomic operations (Sergey Vojtovich) – Slides
- Memory barriers (Sergey Vojtovich) – Slides
- MariaDB 10.4 roadmap (Monty)