Ensuring continuity and open collaboration

SQL-99 Complete, Really

You can now enjoy  SQL-99 Complete, Really by Peter Gulutzan and Trudy Pelzer aka. “The Definitive Door Stopper” online in our Knowledgebase at http://kb.askmonty.org/v/sql-99-complete-really. Thanks to our technical writer and system administrator at Monty Program Ab Daniel Bartholomew we now have a complete description of the SQL-99 standard for syntax, data structures, and retrieval processes […]

READ MORE

MariaDB optimization for string related operations

In our upcoming MariaDB 5.3 release Monty optimized the internal string append code for performance. I tested his patch with a plain MariaDB 5.2 vs. a patched MariaDB 5.2 with sql-bench, which showed an overall performance gain around 3%. The details of the patch Monty describes like this Patch to optimize string append: While examining […]

READ MORE

MariaDB And Trademark

I’d like to wish Henrik Ingo well now that he has publicly announced his resignation from Monty Program. Henrik, I especially wish you all the best with the new member of your family. I know you put a lot of effort into your presentation to the Monty Program board regarding transfer of trademark ownership, and […]

READ MORE

Recently in MariaDB #2

There has been a lot happening in the MariaDB community recently, and there has been growth. Here are some of the highlights. Thank you to all our current contributors, and to others that want to contribute, shoot community[at]askmonty[dot]org an e-mail. MariaDB 5.2.3 binaries for Solaris and Debian Sparc Our Sparc community contributor, Mark, has continued […]

READ MORE

MariaDB 5.2 is released as stable

I am happy to announce that MariaDB 5.2.3 is now released as a stable release. During the gamma period we did not receive any serious reports for issues in 5.2, so we are relatively confident that the new code is of decent quality. You can read about the features of MariaDB 5.2 in my previous […]

READ MORE

Sponsors

MariaDB Foundation sponsors

Tweets by @mariadb

Code statistics