Category Archives: Press Releases
At the most recent MariaDB Foundation board meeting, MariaDB Corporation’s Rasmus Johansson stepped down as chair and from the board. He has been replaced by Booking.com’s Eric Herman as chair, and on the board by Michael Howard. Michael is the CEO of the MariaDB Corporation. Executive participation from the Corporation will support a good relationship between the Foundation and the Corporation, and the Foundation greatly appreciates all the work that the MariaDB Corporation is doing for the MariaDB server project.
The full composition of the board is:
- Chair Eric Herman, Principal Developer at Booking.com
- Michael “Monty” Widenius, MariaDB Foundation founder and CTO of MariaDB Corporation
- Sergei Golubchik, Chief Architect at MariaDB Corporation, representing MariaDB developers
- Espen Håkonsen, CIO of Visma and Managing Director of Visma IT & Communications
- Michael Howard, CEO at MariaDB Corporation
MariaDB Foundation CEO Otto Kekäläinen serves as the secretary of the board. …
Best MariaDB ever hits the streets – MariaDB 10 innovations developed with Google, SkySQL & Fusion-IO
London, United Kingdom – 31 March 2014 – The MariaDB Foundation, an independent body which promotes the popular open source database MariaDB, today announced the much-anticipated general availability of MariaDB 10, providing today’s generation of application developers with enhanced performance and functionality.
Since its launch in 2009, MariaDB has built an active and vibrant open source community and has led the way in database innovation. In 2013, Wikimedia Foundation, the people behind Wikipedia, announced the migration of many of its production MySQL systems over to MariaDB and Google confirmed it aims to move its thousand-plus MySQL instances over to MariaDB technology. …
Continue reading “The MariaDB Foundation Announces General Availability of MariaDB 10”
Jelastic is the next generation of Java Platforms as a Service.
Unlike previous cloud platforms, Jelastic:
- Can run any Java application and so does not require developers to change their code or get locked-into the platform,
- Can scale any application up and down by automatically adding or removing memory and CPU units depending on the application load,
- Takes all configuration and management worries away: developers simply specify the application stack and database options they need and Jelastic creates, configures, and maintains the environment for them
- Supports a wide range of application server stacks including Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, and GlassFish
- Out of the box, allows users to get a preconfigured instance of MariaDB up and running and available to the application.
Continue reading “MariaDB now available as a hosted database via Jelastic cloud platform”
Monty blogged about MariaDB 5.3 being released as a beta with 5.3.0. We also have a press release. Download it now and test the beta!
The MariaDB Project today announced the availability of MariaDB 5.3.0 Beta. It includes a large number of features and additions while still remaining backwards compatible to MySQL®.
“There are many optimizer changes which makes this a very interesting release, because people will notice that their queries run faster,” said Rasmus Johansson, COO of Monty Program Ab, a commercial backer of MariaDB. “The optimizer developers say it’s the biggest change to the optimizer in ten years”, he added.
Continue reading “MariaDB 5.3.0 Beta Released with Large Number of Features & Additions”
Santa Clara, CA, USA — Wednesday, April 13, 2011 — Monty Program Ab today announced that SkySQL Ab is the first partner to achieve Platinum Support Partner status with Monty Program. The criteria include offering 24 x 7 support worldwide, a proven ability to handle first and second level support cases for MySQL® and MariaDB®, as well as having delivered a certain amount of well-defined commercial 3rd level support cases in the form of bug fix requests to Monty Program Ab.
“We’re happy to work with the SkySQL support team” says Rasmus Johansson, COO of Monty Program Ab.
Continue reading “SkySQL Ab first to pass the Platinum Support Partner criteria for Monty Program”
SpamExperts has their own anti-spam filtering cloud which is provided as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. In addition they have an e-mail security product which they install, update and monitor on-site. Most of SpamExperts’ anti-spam technology has been developed in-house and makes extensive use of the MySQL database. All clients contribute in real-time to their filtering effectiveness, so they have many different data flows that are handled by MySQL. Replication is used to synchronize the data between the systems in a cluster and to push data feeds in real-time. The SaaS cloud is replicated across four countries for redundancy, whereas client installations spread the data retrieval around the globe.
Continue reading “Quickly and efficiently migrating hundreds of servers from MySQL to MariaDB”