Good news: At Percona Live Wed-Thu 12-13 May 2021, there will be a separate track for MariaDB. It’s called the MariaDB Community Room. Matt Yonkovit and Bronwyn Campbell of Percona tell us they have some changes in store for this year’s online-only edition, one of them being a more clear distinction of tracks. This is good news for the users of MariaDB Server.
There will be some MariaDB related presentations in the general track, on topics of general interest to all audiences.
The Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo (PLMCE) 2015 Call for Papers will close November 16 2014. It is a great place to talk shop about all things MySQL, MariaDB, and the community surrounding it. It happens April 13-16 2015, and I’m sure you’re thinking about ideas so make use of the weekend well and submit a paper, because this is a great event to attend. It’s also a good time to meet some of the MariaDB crew, whom tend to show up as speakers & attendees alike!
Percona Live London 2013 is almost here: November 11-12 2013. Team MariaDB & SkySQL will be present, and here’s an agenda if you’re interested in all things MariaDB:
- Monday, 11.11.2013 – 2-5pm – What’s New in MariaDB 10 and MariaDB Tools – a tutorial from Ivan Zoratti. This is a hands-on lab, complete with virtual machines provided by Ivan. You’ll also get to see MariaDB Manager from the abstract.
- Tuesday 12.11.2013 – 9.45-10.00am – What’s New in MariaDB 5.5 and what will happen with MariaDB 10.0 – a keynote from Michael “Monty” Widenius of the MariaDB Foundation.
Team MariaDB will be at the Percona Live MySQL Conference & Expo 2013, held in Santa Clara from April 22-25 2013. We will also be at the SkySQL Solutions Day held on April 26 2013 at the same venue, the Hyatt Santa Clara. We have talks, a booth in the DotOrg Pavilion, have a BoF and we’re participating in the passport program.
Team MariaDB talks:
- (Monday) Advanced Query Optimizer Tuning & Analysis, a tutorial by Sergei Petrunia & Timour Katchaounov
- (Tuesday) MariaDB Cassandra Interoperability, a talk by Sergei Petrunia &
On Friday last week, after the intensive days of the conference, Ars Technica wrote and published a nice article about MariaDB including many of the messages we had been delivering during the conference, http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2012/04/mysql-founders-latest-mariadb-release-takes-enterprise-features-open-source.ars.
Last year, when it became clear that O’Reilly wasn’t going to arrange the MySQL user conference in the future, there was a lot of discussion on who should arrange it. In the end Percona was pretty fast informing everyone that they had booked the convention center in Santa Clara to arrange the conference this year. …
A big week for conferences in Europe this week. We’re starting it off at Percona Live London 2011 (see previous post), with both Sergei Golubchik and Colin Charles presenting talks on Tuesday 25 October 2011.
Right after, we’re headed to LinuxCon Europe, where Colin Charles will discuss The MySQL Diaspora and how there exists much choice for people today (it is not just stock MySQL one can use nowadays).
Monty Program is sponsoring both Percona Live London as well as LinuxCon Europe. We’ll be having a booth at LinuxCon Europe, probably right next to our friends SkySQL, as we did at LinuxCon North America (Vancouver).
Its good to announce that Monty Program will have a presence at Percona Live London (October 24 & 25 2011), and we’re very excited about it. There will be two talks (no tutorials this time around):
- Sergei Golubchik will present on Pluggable Authentication in MySQL and MariaDB. I’ve seen Serg give tutorials to this effect, so expect a lot within half an hour!
- Colin Charles will present on Why MariaDB? which focuses on what new features are available today in MariaDB and how they benefit users.
Will we see you there?
This should be the easiest contest ever to enter and win. Just go to the Knowledgebase, create an account and write one new article, longer than 2 paragraphs. Once you’re done, send a quick email to email@example.com with a link to the article, and if there is no duplicate content already on the Knowledgebase, you’ll get your ticket to Percona Live NYC.